SMART – Sales Management and Academic Recruitment Training
Each training is customized so we can integrate those issues and areas that can help meet your needs and goals.
Here is an outline of what the training offers. Look this over and determine those areas can be most beneficial to your staff.
- How to know your institution in relationship to the competition
- Build and promote your school’s brand
- Organize the recruiting and the recruiter
- Tracking and follow-up with prospects
- Filtering prospects and identifying top leads
- Prioritizing staff time
- How and why prospects use it
- Let them build prospect to current student communities
- Manage it
- Motivate students to inquire, apply, and enroll
- Influences and influencers: gain leverage and assistance
- Understand the important distinction between passive and active recruiting
- Recruit students to graduate, not just to enroll
- Overcome objections: utilizing product knowledge
- Segmenting your audience for optimal results
- Identify the incentives and motivators
- Identify and work through barriers
- Differentiate yourself from other recruiters
Helping Students Achieve Their Goals
- Understand ”buying” behavior: find out how people make decisions
- Get multi-tasking students' attention: generate interest, involvement, and knowledge about your college
- What to do with social media
Co-purchase: Working with Parents and Families
- Clarify the role of parents in the process
- Identify the priorities within the family
- Build trust with the family
- Transactions versus Relationships
- Features – Benefits – Proofs: Tell the story
- Manage Objections
- Develop relationships with counselors, teachers, advisors, clergy, and alumni
- Work with influencers and opinion leaders
- Build networks
- Learn factors that hamper yield
- Learn how to predict who will enroll
- Action steps for improvement
- Recognizing clues and offering options
- When to let go
How to schedule »
Who should attend »
Click here to view the presenters' bios »
"Yield Boot Camp has allowed our team the opportunity to see the big picture and the small slices of our work and how to do the best job for the institution."
Vice President of Recruitment and Marketing, Bethany College in Lindsborg, KS
"I have about 2 pages of bullet points to work on! This is definitely something enrollment offices should consider. Its good information for new counselors and important reminders of basics and encouragement of new strategies for experienced counselors."
Director of Admissions, Mount Marty College in Yankton, SD
"I hoped to get the staff engaged in conversations about recruiting effectively, learning techniques and concepts they were unfamiliar with. Dave did a great job drawing everyone out and holding their attention. This is what we needed. I would tell other VPs and Directors to do this seminar."
Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management, Mitchell College
"As a middle manager, consultants provide significant services. A good consultant gives you credibility with your administration and with your staff. Whether it's helping you align with best practices or affirming the messages and plans you have in place, the consultant helps to establish consensus and enthusiasm for the job. Jeanne has energized our recruitment staff by providing practical tools and challenging them to be better Admissions Counselors."
Director of Admissions , Indiana Wesleyan University
"What a great opportunity for our office to grow as a team. Everyone came away 'charged' and feeling that we have a focus. It really was a terrific learning experience."
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid