Bob Oxman & Bill Hurlburt to Speak at UCDA Design Conference 2012
October 13-16 at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Glenside, PA – April 18, 2012
Contrary to media reports that the viewbook is dead, new research from Paskill Stapleton & Lord proves otherwise.
The fact is that viewbooks are still being used at the majority of colleges and universities, and for good reason – students and their parents enjoy receiving them. Furthermore, there is a direct and beneficial connection between print and online marketing.
If anything, electronic communications has resurrected the lasting value of the viewbook as an emotive recruiting tool – one that creates an opening for conversation and establishes a lasting first impression.
In this session Bob will cover:
- How and why colleges and universities currently use their viewbooks
- How to successfully integrate viewbooks and other print collateral with your online marketing
- How to incorporate the four key attributes of a well-designed and targeted viewbook to maximize impact
Bill will be piggybacking on Bob’s session and share insights into creative development and media tactics and what’s down the road for the burgeoning mobile marketplace; as well as provide tips for how higher education can stay ahead of the curve.
Does traditional thinking about marketing apply when it comes to mobile marketing strategy?
Bill will share his expertise from the research and strategy component of our mobile marketing team and share findings on:
- How your audiences use their smart phones to access mobile sites
- How the variety of your audiences each use them differently
- Mobile users’ responsiveness to mobile advertising
- Tracking and measuring mobile advertising
Robert Oxman, Vice President of Creative Services at PS&L has 18 years experience as a creative professional in higher education marketing and advertising. Bob provides creative and art direction for copy and content, broadcast television, motion projects, photography, publications, and radio.
Bill Hurlburt, Vice President Interactive Services at PS&L has 15 years experience in higher education publications and web development programs. Bill has consulted with colleges across the country in web design and usability and is responsible for the creative and art direction of all Internet and multimedia projects.
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord Sets a New Webinar Attendance Record
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord to Conduct 3 Advanced Admissions Management Bootcamps
- Jewish Theological Seminary Targets Jewish Teens for College Application Workshop
- The Workshop for a Student-First Culture
- PS&L to Receive 5 More Awards at the 28th Annual Educational Advertising Awards
- Two Paskill Stapleton & Lord Clients Will Be Awarded CUPPIES in March
- Neumann University TV Spots Expose Its True Personality
- PS&L President Jim Paskill to Present at AACSB Business School Symposium
- People will watch a good video if you serve it up.
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord @ 2012 eduWEB Conference
- Cabrini College Sets Up Mobile Website in only Five Weeks
- Paskill Stapleton & Lord Hires an Intern from Long Time Client Neumann University
- D’Youville College Launches New Redesign of Its Website
- PS&L Client’s “Poster Child” Featured in The Chronicle’s “Say Something” Series
- Delaware Valley College Hires PS&L to Design Undergraduate Admissions Publications
- Bob Oxman & Bill Hurlburt to Speak at UCDA